Sunday, October 21, 2012


While working on my October workshop, I made a discovery and help for my grief over losing my parents this spring.  I was making an explosion box and wanted to show everyone that you could do the leaves different ways.  I made all fours sides different and when I finished I realized that I had gone through those same stages of grief that corresponded with the leaves.  On one side the leaves were sponged and left smooth to express how my life started this year.  The next side was embossed with the polka dot emblossing folder to correspond with the bumps in life's road.  The third side was sponged and crinkled to show how wrinkled my life became when my parents both became ill.  On the last side the leaves were folded over and embossed with the tree weathered folder to express how my life became full of huge obstacles ending in my parents deaths.  However, when you open the box, an acorn is popped up in the center.  This show's Gods way for life to continue.  I put my trust in him.  He has opened the door for me to continue my journey in life by bringing my grandson (the little acorn).  Through him, I have found joy again.







Bev Farmer
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Email:  Inthedell3@zoominternet.net
website:  www.bevscards.stampinup.net
blog:  www.createwithbev.blogspot.com

No comments: